TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
(Note: These do not diminish your statutory rights) - Updated 1st Feb 2016
1. Hire period is for Function Day only; garments must be returned on first working day following function. Extra Hire Days are charged at 10% Hire Charge per Day; extra Hire Weeks charged at 50% Hire Charge per Week. LATE RETURNS will be charged a minimum £25 per Day or the Extra Hire Charge, whichever is the greater. Hire items not returned within 7-days of Return Date will be deemed 'lost' under conditions 2 and 3 below.
2. Hire goods are the sole responsibility of the hirer when taken from our premises but remain the property of Elegans Menswear or our agents at all times. A Security Deposit (minimum £100) is payable on Collection by credit/debit card or Cash (regret no cheques); this will be refundable on condition Hire Goods are returned in a satisfactory undamaged condition. If items are lost or damaged the full cost of cleaning, repair or replacement at current retail price will be due within 7-days and the Security Deposit will be retained as part-payment.
3. Where you 'The Customer' have paid for 'Damage Indemnity' in advance we waive the right to compensation for damage to hired articles where this damage was caused by accidents beyond the control of the hirer. 'Damage Indemnity' does NOT cover loss of hire items for any reason or damage caused by any wilful or negligent act of the hirer; burns and ANY damage to top hats are specifically excluded. All liability to third parties resulting from misuse of hired items by the hirer including damages, costs, claims, losses, expenses are specifically excluded.
4. Orders are Firm on payment of a Booking Deposit which is non-refundable and not transferable to other orders; the FULL BALANCE is due on Collection including CANCELLATIONS less than 14-days before advised Collection Date. Payment accepted by bank transfer, credit/debit card or cash – regret no cheques except for Booking Deposits more than one month in advance.
5. Elegans Menswear will use reasonable endeavours to supply clean, quality garments according to styles and colours similar to our brochures and sample stock but does not guarantee to match dyes, colours, fabrics and design which may differ from samples.
6. All selections regarding size of garment are the final decision of the Customer.
7. Any Alterations agreed at the time of Booking are included in the Hire Charge and are of a minimal and temporary nature to the nearest inch. Replacements or alterations requested on collection of the garments to a revised specification will be subject to a minimum charge of £25 each garment.
8. Our liability to you the Customer is limited to the return of any money paid to us by you in respect of goods or services we offer to supply. Compensation for consequential loss, damages, costs, expenses and/or liability to third parties for any reason is specifically excluded.